The best way to heat up potato soup is to heat it up gently on the stovetop over low heat. Potato Soup with Cajun Sausage: Slice one pound of andouille sausage into 1-inch slices and brown in oil; remove and set aside. Well let me share my experience with this soup. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Get one of our Grandma s potato soup recipe and prepare delicious and … It will depend on the recipe. While potatoes are starting to cook pan fry bacon until crisp and add bacon grease to chicken and potato … This is definitely not a low fat food. Add the potato mixture to the pot; stir to coat. My mother always smashed some of the diced potatoes after it had cooked, to do the same thing, but I like this idea better. I have updated this recipe for additional clarity ~stephanie. Sometimes there is nothing better than a bowl of homemade potato soup. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Before you make this amazing bowl of soup be sure to leave me a comment down below and share the best dish your grandmother made for you! Grandma’s Potato Soup This soup has nostalgia written ALL over it, which may go without saying since it's a recipe of Grandma's. My Mom passed and I had no idea how to make her potato soup. 1/2 cup chopped celery 16 ounce . Add enough water to cover the potatoes and bring to a boil; stir in the milk, reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally about 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. I’ll be sure to update the recipe! Add the milk, the butter, and the flour to the water. February 26, 2020 by Stephanie 23 Comments. DIRECTIONS. Beverly, I am sorry this may have been confusing. There are some recipes that are so nostalgic that you just have to have. if it helps, that’s how all the women in my family – mom plus aunt, plus grandmas on both sides – calculated how many potatoes for soup or mashed. Add the potato mixture to the pot; stir to coat. Cook on low or simmer until potatoes are soft. Do u mean diced garlic? Empty cans of chicken broth in pot. Try it once and you'll be hooked. I added some bacon bits to it. This recipe starts by peeling potatoes, cutting them, and placing them in a pot with milk, evaporated milk, and aromatic vegetables like celery and onions. By blending equal amounts of butter and flour together, you create a powerful thickener that turns a thin soup into a creamy soup you will love. Grandma’s potato soup recipe is so comforting and perfect when you are trying to capture some of those familiar feelings of childhood. Remove to some paper towel and drain of most of the bacon grease. Grandma’s Potato Soup Recipe – the easiest and tastiest. I would like to know the calorie content, if available. In the remaining (2-3 tbs.) Rate this Grandma's Kitchen Hearty Potato Soup recipe with 3 medium red potatoes, 2 cups water, 1 small onion, 3 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp all-purpose flour, crushed red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, 3 cups milk, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup cooked ham, cubed Usually 2 oz bottle. I was so happy when I found this! Add the potato mixture and proceed with the recipe. It was a tradition when feeding a group of people to allow one potato per person plus one for the pot. Never heard of it. I highly recommend this step. Sprinkle some Kraft Three Cheese Blend on top. I live alone and was saving some of the soup when I noted a layer of oil on top of the tupperware. Sign-up to our newsletter and become a member of our happy community! just a smidgen more to make sure you had enough but not too much. Peel and cut potatoes into the size of your liking and add onion into a large pot. it’s just an aid to figuring out how much to make. Now that I am on my own and starting to cook, I tried this and it is not only easy but tastes just like grandmas soup! Yum. What a wonderful question, you are so right some potatoes aren’t good for making potato soup with. Be sure to check out these restaurant soups and restaurants salad recipes. Garlic juice is reputed to have many health benefits, and you can even make your own garlic juice. Someone’s Grandma wrote this, and I can’t ask her why she wrote it that way anymore. Vichyssoise is cold potato soup! Grandma s potato soup recipe. Ham & Cheese Potato Soup – this is a crockpot recipe and is in my top 3 favorite soups! Once completely melted, add potato mixture and stir to coat. My cousins and I would crave this and beg our grandma to make it for us! You could thicken the soup if you like. Throw in a couple of bay leaves and sprinkle some fresh chives on top. I have been making soups from scratch for well over forty years, taught by both my Mom and Grandma. what kind of potatos, some soak up juice and get grainy and break down. What is the purpose of one whole potato in the pot? Leave me a comment, or rate the recipe by clicking the stars below! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Grandma s potato soup recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Russet potatoes yes, but from Idaho. Use green onions instead of regular onions. Easy Additions to Grandma’s Potato Soup – 28 %. 1 teaspoon sea salt . I also like to serve it it with cornbread baked in the oven in a cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a Dutch oven or soup pot. Grandma’s Potato Soup Recipe – the easiest and tastiest. What goes with potato soup? Once boiling, add the milk and stir, reduce to a simmer, and cook uncovered for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with crumbled bacon. Love Potato Soup? Add chopped celery, onion, chopped garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Of course, I’ve hardly ever met a soup I didn’t like, but with the basic ingredients plus the many options for customizing (just a few ideas are included below), Grandma’s homemade potato soup gets a gold star from me every time.
2020 grandma's potato soup recipe