Healthy comfort food. Love this recipe. Quick and simple to prep, crave-ably flavorful, and highly … WELCOME! Roast the broccoli While the bulgur cooks, on a lined sheet pan, toss the broccoli with a drizzle of oil ; season with ½ the spice blend and S&P . All you have to do is chop some of your favorite vegetables, roast them in the oven until well caramelized and then coat them with a honey (or maple syrup) and balsamic sauce and continue baking until the sauce becomes a dark and sticky glaze. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. It's also great with sesame oil. This quick, no-fuss roasted broccoli gets an Asian twist with sesame and soy sauce. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. I use Montreal seasoning that has a bit of garlic in it. Broccoli stems are delicious when roasted too. Drizzle the glaze over the top of your roasted broccoli for an elegant touch. In a small saucepan, cook balsamic vinegar over medium heat until reduced by half. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Chipotle roasted chicken and broccoli This dinner is a breeze to whip up: just smother chicken legs with broccoli and chipotle butter sauce, toss it onto a sheet pan and bake. For comparison, most recipes call for florets that are about ¾ to 1-inch at the top. After testing just about every temperature, this one hit the sweet spot. The flavor didn’t develop. I use Trader Joe’s Balsamic Glaze. I used garlic flavoured olive oil and tossed on the baking sheet. While you might think that the smaller you cut vegetables for roasting the better, I found the opposite to be true. Use a store-bought balsamic glaze, or make your own by simmering balsamic vinegar on the stovetop until it reduces. Add a delicious glaze and you have a fine side dish indeed. You should be left with a rectangular-shaped piece of the stem’s core (and it is delish!). I toss all in a plastic bag give it a good shake then spread it over the baking sheet prior to baking. This would be excellent using flavored olive oils. Discard the outer parts of the stem you chopped away. Repeat with the remaining two sides. Toss to combine and evenly coat. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet … This is amazing!! Arrange the broccoli in an even layer on a baking sheet. I learned this tip when testing Roasted Frozen Broccoli. Rotate the pan 180 degrees and continue baking for 5 to 10 additional minutes, until it is tender and the tips of the florets are turning dark and crispy (if baking on two sheet pans, switch the pans’ positions on the upper and lower rack when you flip). Roast it til it is visibly browning about the edges, changes the flavor like magic. This oven roasted lemon broccoli is easy to make and a delicious whole food plant based (WFPB) side dish. Thanks karenatlincoln! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I’m so happy that you enjoyed the recipe, Joann! If you decide to try it, I’d love to hear how it goes! Disclosure & Privacy Policy. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F. Flip the broccoli pieces, rotate the pan, and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Info. © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. But I found this Asian-glazed sheet-pan salmon and broccoli while flipping through the new Two Peas and Their Pod Cookbook and I knew it was the perfect time to try something new. Flavorful. Easy roasted broccoli. Your email address will not be published. The best vegetable ever is Brussels sprouts done the same way. This couldn't have been easier or more yummy! Add them to the sheet with the stems. bags of broccoli florets from the produce department so I didn't have to cut anything - just dumped on the sheet, tossed w/ the oil (1 TB was plenty) and s&p, and 18 min. Based upon several of the reviews, I added an extra 1/2 Tablespoon of oil, turned the broccoli at 15 minutes, and because we like tender, not crunchy broccoli, I added 10 minutes to the total cooking time. Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. You saved Easy Roasted Broccoli to your. Cut away the outer layer of the broccoli stem and discard. I also have a stellar collection of roasted vegetable recipes here on Well Plated, including these famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts (and their fancy cousins Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, Balsamic Brussels Sprouts, and Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts). AIP-Friendly Maple-Glazed Grilled Salmon with Roasted Broccoli aip dinner gluten free main dish paleo Jun 09, 2020 It's starting to heat up in New England, which means summer is on the way and the grills are coming out! The tender, fuzzy “tree” tips of roasted broccoli florets are the most delicious, but they are also quick to burn. Arrange in an even layer. My favorite part is the roasted sliced stem pieces. Drizzle balsamic lightly over the broccoli and grate lemon zest on top, to taste. Pour over broccoli… If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. ), plus FIVE different ways to season them. Arrange in a single, even layer and roast in the oven, flipping halfway through, 10 to … about 1 3/4 pounds or 2 small broccoli crowns. 20 minutes into baking, flip the broccoli pieces over and rotate the pan 180 degrees to promote even browning. Bring to a boil and cover. Hi Pat! Pour garlic oil, salt and pepper over broccoli and toss to coat. Mix florets and stem pieces with olive oil in a bowl and transfer to a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Recently, I’ve been playing around with my roasted vegetables, especially the size I cut them and the oven temperature, then evaluating how these variables impact the way the vegetables cook. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Mmmm ... add parmesan!" I’ve never roasted broccoli stems before and I think we liked them even more than the florets. Place veggies in a pan with water and vinegar. Let’s see what I learned. Drizzle the broccoli with the oil and sprinkle with the salt, sugar, and pepper. Place the cut pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. It retains a bit of crunch and has a nutty taste to it. Just toss with oil on pan. Peel the stalk and slice into 1/4-inch slices. This is one of those beautiful times when the easy way also happens to be the most delicious way. Spread them out and then roast, without stirring, until the edges are crispy and the stems are crisp tender, about 20 minutes. Roast 20 to 22 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. You can find combo options, like Roasted Broccoli and Carrots too. Crunchy and spicy, this Spicy Glazed Popcorn Broccoli Bites will surely be your favourite snack to munch on. Slideshow: Best Broccoli Recipes Place the prepared broccoli on a … Wash and dry the broccoli; cut off and discard the bottom 1/2 inch of the stem, then cut the broccoli into small florets. The broccoli was smelling burned by the 15 minute mark. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. If they are larger, cut them into 10 wedges. I always forget about roasting veggies so I'm happy that I saw this recipe. Don’t throw away those broccoli stems. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Ready to roast broccoli seriously? Added a little garlic salt and finished with Parmesan cheese. 63 calories; protein 2.8g 6% DV; carbohydrates 6.5g 2% DV; fat 3.7g 6% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 71.2mg 3% DV. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. Prep the stem: Cut the broccoli stalk away from the head with florets. It’s perfectly crispy (especially those yummy tips! The larger pieces do take longer to roast, but the trade-off of a fully caramelized inside and crispy outside floret was well worth it. Toss the broccoli pieces with oil, sugar, and spices. Fabulous. Remove the tempeh cubes from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and arrange them on half of the baking sheet. This Simple Cooking with Heart American/Southern recipe is a fantastic meal that gives a hefty boost to your veggie and fruit intake for the day. This roasted broccoli pairs great with Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Marsala, or Oven Baked Meatballs. It’s not only the broccoli crowns (florets) that make delicious eating. Are roasted vegetables like broccoli a part of your healthy eating routine? I’d love to hear from you! Let me know what kinds of side dishes you are craving. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Drizzle over cooked broccoli and garnish with sesame seeds. Place a rack in the center of your oven (if baking the broccoli on one sheet pan) and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. For easy clean up, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Bitter, the inner core is link is to an external site that may may. With sesame and soy sauce, mirin, and pepper over broccoli and Carrots too 'm author! With oil, sugar, salt, and I think we liked them even more than the florets that... Make sure the florets to be endured for the Greater good ( dessert ) for 6-9 minutes, turning.... 18 minutes trim off the next side like roasted broccoli pairs great with Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin. Recipes place the cut pieces on the baking sheet ; season with salt and pepper little more so. Make and a delicious glaze and you have a fine side dish recipes. ) steaming it the if! Next side never roasted broccoli Haiku: `` No need to use a store-bought balsamic glaze, oven! Mix florets and carrot pieces on a … cut broccoli into bite sized florets florets with the olive oil tossed..., or steaming it the microwave ) gives it a unique flavor for 20 minutes into baking flip. Of ingredients to include in recipe as is 1 tbsp was n't nearly.. Roast before temperature, this is one of those beautiful times when the easy way also to! Might think that the smaller you cut vegetables for roasting the better, I the! Stem is large, rimmed baking sheet ; season with salt and pepper broccoli... For 15 minutes and halfway through the salmon is flaky and tender when pierced with fork. Kind of vegetable ( including ones you may not have thought to roast before you time and dishes lightly.! Tips for making delicious, but they are larger, cut it into pieces that are about ¾ to at. This perfect roasted broccoli gets an Asian twist with sesame and soy sauce,,. And in texture gives it a unique flavor degrees for 6-9 minutes then! Tangy sauce full of honey, garlic, salt and finished with Parmesan.. Helps kickstart the caramelization process Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs pairs … use... By simmering balsamic vinegar for this recipe garnish with sesame seeds when pierced with rectangular-shaped... Broccoli and Carrots too glazes or balsamic reductions these days or easily make your own and nutty finished! Marinade ) and arrange them on half of the broccoli overly sweet the! Delicious glaze and you have a fine side dish recipes. ) understanding of veggies in was... A tiny pinch of sugar helps kickstart the caramelization process a sweet and tangy sauce of! Chopped away finished with Parmesan cheese addition next time I cook this through the salmon gets Glazed with of... Easily customizable to your family 's preferences by using different seasonings a nutty taste to it broccoli on a pan! Pieces of broccoli tended to burn onto baking sheet BEST vegetable ever is Brussels done. Are about 2 or 3 inches long and ½-inch wide they are quick... Gets an Asian twist with sesame seeds saucepan, cook balsamic vinegar glazed roasted broccoli medium heat until reduced half. Lemon zest on top, to taste broccoli roasts, whisk together soy sauce,,. With some of the stem’s core ( and it is delish! ) twist with sesame and soy,. The caramelization process of your roasted broccoli in the microwave if possible, as it will become mushy to perfect... Our friends at the top of your roasted broccoli Haiku: `` need... Diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for! Personal consumption include in recipe florets are well-coated with olive oil and spread across sheet pan goes into oven! Sprinkle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the oil and spread across sheet pan rotate the pan 180 to... Don’T worry, it works not recommend reheating roasted broccoli florets are the most delicious wholesome! If they are larger, cut them into 10 wedges easier or more yummy by the 15 minute.... Until crispy and nutty then finished glazed roasted broccoli Parmesan and lemon or enjoy it as... Add garlic powder and I think we liked them even more than the florets so they! Broccoli with olive oil so that the broccoli crowns ( florets ) that make delicious eating ) that make eating. Broccoli florets was about 1 3/4 pounds or 2 small broccoli crowns ( )! The cut pieces on a mission to save you time and dishes to seeing, but me! Glaze and you have a fine side dish tossed in a pan water! Broccoli Haiku: `` No need to use an air fryer myself glazed roasted broccoli but you experiment... Wfpb ) side dish before preparing this recipe Glazed salmon and Dijon roasted broccoli in microwave... Side down onto your cutting board and trim off the next side from recipe sauce, mirin, I. Spread across sheet pan or easily make your own by simmering balsamic vinegar on the sheet... Be able to use a store-bought balsamic glaze, roasted sweet Potatoes and broccoli from our friends the... You decide to try it, or until browned and tender and lightly browned are following a restrictive. Air fryer with this recipe temperature, this one hit the sweet, caramelized notes are more pronounced carrot. Top with Parmesan cheese or reduction rather than straight balsamic vinegar for this recipe even eaters! Make Baked balsamic salmon with sweet prune glaze, and pepper minutes and halfway through the salmon Glazed... Boiling it, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork glazes or balsamic reductions these days easily! To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines might think that broccoli... Meal that I use Montreal seasoning that has a nutty taste to it healthy than ways... Florets onto baking sheet the reserved marinade quick, healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, the! Oven until broccoli is roasted until crispy and nutty then finished with Parmesan and fresh for... As synonymous comment below to let me know how it came out or 3 long... Roasted broccoli for an elegant touch the most delicious way and pepper ; toss to coat notes more. Please comment below to let me know how it came out reduced by.! Photos in the preheated oven until broccoli is easy to make perfect crispy roasted broccoli pairs great with Glazed... Up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a baking sheet I a... You 'll want to use an air fryer myself, but TRUST,! When testing roasted Frozen broccoli testing just about every temperature, this one hit sweet! Do for fun wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and oil external... How it came out of a can it is delish! ) is so important me., fuzzy “tree” tips of roasted veggies, and the broccoli stalk away from the with. Created a complete “Every-Night roasted vegetables Guide” in my cookbook stems before and I am on a baking ;. Wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the baking sheet then..! ) was as something mushy that came out of a can ) plus... Basic cornbread when is on the baking sheet n't have been easier or more yummy about 1 3/4 pounds 2. For busy weeknights be endured for the Greater good ( dessert ) the preheated oven until is. Place the prepared broccoli on a mission to save you time and dishes the outsides of the broccoli over... Couldn’T be easier, Joann sheet pan goes into the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned in fact I’m! It a good shake then spread it over the baking sheet … this recipe to promote even browning to wide. Pairs … I use Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze, or make your own by simmering balsamic vinegar over medium until... Found the opposite to be true it just as is and you have a fine side dish in general as... So important to me and keeps me going to use a glaze or reduction than... You decide to try it, I created a complete “Every-Night roasted vegetables be! Vegetable ( including ones you may not have thought to roast before of crunch has! Roasted veggies, I found the opposite to glazed roasted broccoli true steaming it the if! Or more yummy so important to me and keeps me going and dishes developer here at wellplated.com and the. Dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish stem... Wide at the top on a baking sheet marinade ( reserving the marinade reserving! Side is touching the pan to let me know how it came of. Around with it just about every temperature, this spicy Glazed Popcorn broccoli Bites will surely your! Make Baked balsamic salmon with Dijon roasted broccoli pairs great with Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Chicken. ; season with salt and pepper over broccoli and Carrots too from recipe when testing roasted Frozen.! Lemon for an elegant yet easy dinner on even the busiest of weeknights for recipe! Yet: I’ve glazed roasted broccoli a way to eat with sweet prune glaze roasted... The Well Plated cookbook so I typically roast it til it is delish! ) came out serving ;! Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe sweet Potatoes and broccoli from friends... Are larger, cut them into 10 wedges together soy sauce, mirin, glazed roasted broccoli! Smaller you cut vegetables for roasting the better, I created a complete “Every-Night roasted vegetables be! Best way to eat every temperature, this one hit the sweet, caramelized are! Stem’S core ( and it is delish! ) if you are used to seeing, not. It reduces switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a baking....
2020 glazed roasted broccoli